Monday 9 September 2013

My first season done!

My first season as a GB paracanoeist comes to an end. Its been a manic year full of amazing adventures, new friends and incredible challenges. Here are a few stats to summarise my year. 

Weight lifted in the gym - probably a small heard of elephants - not bad for someone who hated gyms


Meat eaten - probably a small heard of elephants - not bad for an ex vegetarian. 


Blisters -  yes, all the time. 


Capsizes -  8 (all during the winter!) and yes I got back in and continued the training sessions in wet kit with chattering teeth.


Weight lost - 3kg


Inches lost on lower body - 5


Inches gained on upper body - 6 


Miles driven to and from training - over 30,000 On the plus side I now know all the sneaky routs around the M25 to avoid traffic jams! 


Times we have paddled past a coffee shop or a pub during training - 312


Times we have stopped for a coffee or a pint -  0! So different from cycling!!


Nights I've dreamt of paddling - 364


Times I've accidentally hit Simon in the face while dreaming of paddling - 2


Times I've been so sore after training I can't even lift the kettle - lost count.


Training sessions missed - 6 (snow, injury and 1 overslept -sorry coach!)


Alcohol consumed -1 cocktail at a party last November (see above, sorry coach!)

Training sessions done in a blizzard, howling gale or minus temperatures - Ive blanked that bit out!

Hours spent training - more than 3,285

Minutes spent racing - less than 9


Races lost -1


Medals won 2 - Gold at the Europeans and Silver at the Worlds.


All in all a pretty cool year and I cant wait to get back into training for next season - Better never stops!



No comments:

Post a Comment